F-117 Nighthawk

Built in 1995. I started coming across information and photographs of subsequent detail and just had to put together this fascinating shape! I had no profile views so I approximated surfaces and shapes ( sorry, perfectionists!) . It was great fun building this slab sided aerodynamic shape!














The intake and IR aperture I covered with fine cloth to imitate a grill.














I glued on bits of paper to imitate panels. The nose antennae are toothpicks.












Since I had no photos of the undercarriage...I didn't make it!















The 'glass' cockpit and HUD were invented. Painting was a failed experiment. The paper was too absorbant and I sprayed it with enamel paint to get a dull sheen. The fibres of the paper showed through and it became messy.















Now that extensive information is available on this aircraft I see where I've been totally off the mark with some details. But the overall appearance is quite effective!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Suhail,
    i posted a link of this blog on my FB page, thought you'd like to listen in on the discussion...

    http://www.facebook.com/santayan?v=wall&story_fbid=128244527211317#!/santayan?v=wall&story_fbid=128244527211317

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Santayan, your Facebook page is an incredible boost! Thank you for being so enthusiastic about my work! It's true that I would like to make it a mainstream activity and any guidance is welcome! What is exciting about building these models is that paper and other stray bits ( stolen guitar strings included haha!) are the base materials keeping the construction a mix of high detail and low tech methods. A new model wil be parked here soon!!! Will let you know!

    ReplyDelete